In 2012 the National Trust and the Department of Housing were in negotiation regarding the renovation of the Cottages, with a few to returning them to use as public housing.
- 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, and 17 Henderson Street
- 19, 21, 23, 25, 27, and 29 Henderson Street
- 31, 33, 35, 37, 39, and 41 Henderson Street
See also Warders Terrace at 3-11 Holdsworth Street.
- Template:Cite news
- FOUR generations of Fremantleites have grown up and dispersed from the old roof-tree since the warders' quarters in Henderson-street were built. For more than 50 years the summer sun has beat upon the two unprotected windows of the upper floors of each of the cottages. It can be imagined that succeeding generations of warders' wives have complained with reason of the oven-like upper rooms, but one can only speculate how many times respectfully-worded requests for some shading for those windows have been strangled with red tape.
- Relief is to be given at last — and about time, too! Workmen are now engaged erecting hoods over each pair of windows, and occupants of those upper rooms should not swelter in future summers.